first blog post, ever + “thank you” card with hand-lettered stamp & watercolor florals

Hi there, everyone! This is my very first blog post, ever. Since, I love watercolors, florals, and hand-lettering, I paired them all together to create this elegant “thank you” card.

Watercoloring the blue florals/greenery was the first step. I usually watercolor on a separate piece of watercolor paper, so I can scan them onto my computer. You can also just simply watercolor directly onto your card if you would like! I scan my watercolor elements a majority of the time, so I always have them. I also like to have the freedom to play with the position of the florals. After I positioned the florals the way I liked them, I printed out the card base.

To complete the card, I die cut a piece of textured navy & smooth white card stock. I stamped the hand-lettered “thank you” stamp from my Penned Elegance stamp set (link below) on the white card stock circle and popped it out from the other elements so there would be a little bit of dimension to it.

And there it is! My first post!

Happy designing! -Jen

Supplies (may include affiliate links:)

Stamp: Penned Elegance Stamp Set

Paper: White card stock & textured navy card stock.

Ink: True Black Inkpad

Watercolors: The set is from Michaels (lots of beautiful colors to work with!)

Share:

16 Comments

1. Kathy Mc
    June 27, 2018 / 4:17 pm

Beautiful watercoloring, Jen, and your Penned Elegance sentiments are my favorites. Welcome to blogland!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 4:43 pm

Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for your kind words and the warm welcome! I am so glad you enjoy Penned Elegance. I loved designing them so much!

2. Beth
    June 27, 2018 / 4:29 pm

Love your card, and congrats on your first blog post! We are loving your stamp designs!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 4:45 pm

Hi Beth! Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words! I am so happy to be able to share my designs with everyone!

3. Keri H
    June 27, 2018 / 4:41 pm

Yay! So happy to be able to see the amazing work you do with the beautiful projects you create! Love your card!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 4:48 pm

Hi Keri! Thank you so much for your kind words! It is so wonderful to be able to share my designs with you. I absolutely love doing it and have so much fun!

4. Melissa
    June 27, 2018 / 5:46 pm

Love your card! Might just CASE this one – a friend of mine just asked that I make her some cards to have on hand for those times when she wants to send one. This one is just her style!!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 4:50 pm

Hi Melissa! Ah! I am so happy to hear this! I am so glad to be able to share this with you! Thank you for your kind words!

5. Luanne Ford
    June 27, 2018 / 6:25 pm

Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more. 😁

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 4:51 pm

Hi Luanne! Thank you for your kind words! I can’t wait to share more with you! Currently working on another blog post, coming soon!

6. Noelle
    June 27, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Your watercolor and hand lettering style is beautiful! I excited you are sharing it with us through Papertrey Ink stamps! Lovely first post!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 4:54 pm

Hi Noelle! Thank you so much! Your kind words mean so much to me. I am so lucky to be able to share my designs with you all!

7. SusanP
    June 27, 2018 / 10:52 pm

Loved your first blog post Jennifer! And I love the idea of scanning your stamped (or watercolored) elements so you could arrange them in software (Photoshop?), and then printing the card front. I suppose that would be like stamping and die cutting the elements (like in Botanical Bounty) and then just arranged them on the card front. Can’t wait to see more blog posts!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 5:01 pm

Hi Susan! Thank you for your kind words! After scanning them in Photoshop, I “cut” each individual floral/greenery element out. I then save each of them as separate PNGs and arrange them in Illustrator. That way I still have them saved on my computer whenever I want to use them again! It helps so much to do it that way! Cant wait to share more with you!

8. Ann L Merry
    June 27, 2018 / 11:34 pm

Very pretty card! I like the idea of scanning the watercolored design….that would make mass production of cards a lot easier!

• Jen
      July 6, 2018 / 5:08 pm

Hi Ann! Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, it absolutely would make mass production easier! Scanning them to my computer is so helpful, because I always have them on hand, ready for projects! Can’t wait to share more with you!